What It Means To Hit Rock Bottom (3)
In the middle of the night I heard that voice again. “Make a plan!” I had a notebook by my nightstand and started to write down what was laid on my heart. Here is the list that we came up with:
· Make a menu that is based on healthy foods, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits. Fish baked, poultry baked, nuts and grains, and lots of water and hot teas.
· Rest and sleep, have a regimented time you go to bed. Mine was at 9:30 PM, and I had two 20 minute naps one in the morning and one mid-afternoon. No TV in the bedroom.
· Have healthy people in my life, ones that care and want to do something with their lives.
· Exercise, when I started out I could only walk 15 minutes twice a day. The exercise was a big boost for me because I got to go outside when the weather permitted. Fresh air helped a great deal.
· And renew my relationship with God. We started talking everyday through praying and getting back into the word again.
I have to tell you these simple steps really turned my life around. I hit rock bottom and was tired being there. My health was gone, my finances were a mess, I couldn’t work. I started planning my next steps as to what I had to do to upright the ship. It was hard but necessary to move forward. If you’re struggling on what you need to do to regain control of your life, your family and or business just remember you can do it. If you know how to plan and work out a step by step process in making changes. This will be very helpful. Yes it takes time and energy to map out your plan, but in the long run it’s worth it.
I have watched others fail to move forward after they hit rock bottom and I wasn’t going to be one of those victims. Nor should you. Determination is very important and if you know what your plan is you’re way ahead of the game. I say plan and plan well. You can do this!
Part four will continue in next weeks article.
Do you struggle with not knowing what to do when confronted by life’s struggles? Are you afraid to move forward because your past mistakes keep holding you back? Do you want help in deciding your next steps to get out from rock bottom? If you answered yes to any of these questions then give Dr. Mike a call.
Leave a Reply