Are You Allowing Your past to poison your Future (2) By Dr. Michael Brooks
We will continue our story this week “Are You Allowing Your Past to Poison Your Future”! Plus, I’ll give you some tips on how to prevent the of poisoning your future in today’s article.
I think I can honestly say we all have had things in our past poison our future, not to this degree of course but in other small ways. I also believe that we have to let go of the things that hold us back from enjoying who we are and our future with others. I know this was an extreme example, but you can see how his actions impacted his entire family. He missed his daughter’s wedding, probably will never know his grandchildren or son-in-law. This is a pretty sad story.
If you have some major setbacks in your life, it’s best to deal with them now and not sit on them thinking they will go away. They will not and hoping they will and not dealing with them will only poison your future with the people you love and care about. Let me ask you a simple question. What is the point to hold on to your anger and bitterness? What and where will it get you? Proving your point only makes you lose out on so much of your life, family, and events. If you think coming out a winner by allowing the poison of your past to cloud your future is a good thing, I’ve got news for you. It isn’t; it’s just the simple truth, and this should convince you, it’s a lose, lose situation for you.
My suggestions for you to start the healing you need, so you will not allow your past to poison your future is simple, it really is;
- Whatever you feel is a poison to you, sit down and write it on paper. Then look it over and decide if this person or event is worth missing out on family and life in general.
- Come clean, if you have caused some problems for others, go to them and make things right. Apologize and seek to repair the broken relationship.
- Do not allow the past to poison your future, tell yourself that it’s ok to move on and let go.
- You control what you keep inside your brain, don’t allow the past to dictate your future.
- Avoid negative thinking, keep busy with improving yourself, help others, read good books, do healthy things for yourself.
- Avoid people, places and things that poisoned your past.
- It’s ok to say NO to people who have influenced and introduced you to the poison of your past. Avoid, avoid, and avoid!
We will continue our story next week “Are You Allowing Your Past to Poison Your Future.
Are you holding on to your past hurts and can’t experience joy in your life? Do you still hold on to memories and your future seems hopeless? Do you want to be free of your past so you can have a wonderful future? If you answered yes to any of these questions, give Dr. Mike a call at 303.880.9878. He can help you with relationship problems.
Dr. Michael Brooks is the founder of Applicable Counseling and life coaching Services. It is affordable, accessible, anonymous and available by appointment from the privacy of your home. To avoid travel time and the comfort of home, many clients prefer to meet with Dr. Mike over the phone or via Skype (if you want to Skype with Dr. Mike send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment). The convenience of this type of Counseling/Coaching is the most effective means of Life Coaching for those who live outside of Colorado. Give Dr. Mike a call! You’ll be glad you did!